Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ryus and the Wheelchair




So let me tell you the whole story of how Ryus is now in a wheelchair!!!

He decided to jump and 75 foot jump on his dirt bike in Page Arizona ( where he has been working) he landed it put when he landed there was a bush (very large Ryus says) (huge) and he tried to ride a wheelie over it but failed too and his bike hit the bush and stopped and he was launched over the handlebars. The handle bars hit just below his knees! He shattered his helmet but got back up and rode the bike back to his friends house. The next morning he was not able to walk so his dad sent someone to go get him and bring him back home.

We really HATE SJRMC so we went to Mercy in Durango and they x -rayed his legs and they found nothing!!! THEY DIAGNOSED HIM WITH BILATERAL KNEE PAIN....LAME!!! And said that if he was not better in a week go see the Orthopedics, so we did and low and behold he had fractured both tibial plateaus and he needed to be in braces and a wheelchair, absolutely no walking on it for 6 weeks!

He had his follow up today and everything looks good, he still has 2 weeks before he is released for work. So...another 2 weeks of having him home. Which has been so great for Ben, he is such a daddies boy now and he for sure knows who Ryus is!! Its weird having him in my space during the day but I am growing to like it!! Pretty sure this will be the only time Ben and I will ever have Ryus home like this...until retirement!

Ryus is the master at popping wheelies in the wheelchair and has already grown to love being in one, he wish's he could be in some kind of olympics for the wheelchair bound!!! He tells me the other day as he is riding a wheelie in his wheelchair with Ben sitting in his lap..." do you think Ben thinks he has the COOLEST dad?"

So...if you know Ryus please come and see him he gets a little bored and needs someone to talk too!!! Well..besides me and BEN!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica! I don't know if you remember me but I met you when I was a missionary in Oregon back in 2001-2003. I was Sister Dean back then and my companion was Sister Earl (with long blonde hair). I just happened to find you on my cousin Kim's blog. SMALL world! Im tellin ya. Anyway! I won't feel bad if you don't remember me but I just wanted to say hey! Your son is ADORABLE. My husband and I are expecting our first in Nov...2 more months, yikes!!!! You look good and Im glad I stumbled across your blog:)

    Emily (Dean) Betita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty sure he knows that he has the coolest dad! Hope you are doing well! Love Chloe and Ellie

    ReplyDelete