Friday, September 11, 2009

NURSING STRIKE

Ben's top tooth FINALLY came in and now he thinks he can bit me!!! Well... he really bite me yesterday and I flicked him and we both cried!! I cried becuase it hurt so damn bad, and he cried because it hurt his feelings! Then when I was going to nurse him for the last time before bed he decided to bite me again...I flicked him and then kind of tossed him to Ryus and then cried again, from the pain!

So since this morning Ben has refused to nurse one single time and has been a monster and will NOT take his naps and I feel so horribly bad!!! I looked some things up on the internet and a lot of them say that this can happen, they will go on strike for a few days and then they will eventually come back to the boob!!

I just have this horrible feeling that he is weaning himself and it hurts my feelings because I was not quite ready for it! And besides what do you do...I can't give him milk quite yet and heck no with formula...and the sound of pumping again...well....that would just SUCK!!! I feel very lost and little hurt!!

****And the whole biting the nipple thing really FREAKIN hurts, it is almost the worst pain...ALMOST!!!*****

2 comments:

  1. Oh girlfriend, just wait till he bits down...THEN PULLS!! That ones the killer! He will quite bitting (i think)! Hang in there!
    And about weaning himself, some kids just do that! You have nursed him a lot longer then a lot of moms do. Feel proud! But I understand, the thought of weaning Crew sort of makes me sad. Definitely bitter sweet!

    ps. Hope Ryus gets to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey bit me so hard I was bleeding... 4 different times just out of the blue. She cried... I cried it was tramatic... My sister used nipple shields... They worked for her and then the kid can bite all they want and you cant feel it.
    Let him see you cry so that he understands that it hurts you.
    Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete