Monday, May 11, 2009

Take 5,6 & 7

Ben's sleeping problem has not gotten better! I feel like his allergies are better, so I am not too sure what is going on! I feel like I have a newborn again!
He has been going to bed at 8 and waking at between 9 &10 and then again at 1 and 4,5, & 6.
Last night Ryus was finally home and Ben had woke at 10 and Ryus said let him cry and so I did for like 3 minutes, only because I have a plugged duct and my boob hurts so bad that I needed him to relieve the pressure, so when I picked him up he started arching his back, kicking his legs and was uncontrollably crying and would not stop for 10 minutes. He usually doesn't take it this far when I don't pick him up right away. Ryus said take him outside, so I did and he stopped. Not to sure if it distracted him or maybe he was hot.  Ryus then tryed to take him and he was having none of daddy, so he finally nursed and went back to sleep. Not to sure if his tummy hurt, cause he ate a entire jar of squash and oatmeal. But it matters not what it was at this point because he is up every single night like this for the last week.  I am deathly afraid that this will become a habit! And I feel very confused because I don't know if there is something wrong with him, or is he having a growth spurt or are his allergies really bothering him. I would like to make him cry it out and let him figure this out on his own, cause I am lost right now, but I am scared that he really needs me.

6 comments:

  1. Don't worry...babies don't have habits...they are constantly changing. Just when you think you got it figured out it changes! Good Luck Girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jess! i'm so sorry that it still hasn't gotten any better! i am off on wednesday if you need any help. although your grandma will be back by then but if you do need anything please call me! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say take him to the doctor. Both my kids are sick again and it is super sad. Savvy can't even describe what is wrong. It could be nothing, but I think it is better to be the overly concerned mother than find out later he has another ear infection or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with Brandi, I know children cry and act out every now and then, but this does not seem normal. The way he is arching his back and getting up so many times, he may have something wrong. If you have insurance I say it is better to be safe and concerned than not. I feel for you and hope you get through this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jessica, My kids do that when they have allergies especially Jack lately and I'm feeling ya I need sleep. Jack always gets an ear infection because of all the drainage going on. There are numbing ear drops you get at the store that help my kids just 3 drops in each ear and they are good to go. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YIKES! I'm so sorry! I haven't been on line forever! I hope he is doing better! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete