Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sleepless Night Take 3





So I am officially running on E! Last night will mark night 3 of no sleep! What I think are Ben's allergies have officially taken over our lives!! We went to the DR. yesterday and the doc can't find anything wrong with him, except the obvious...running nose, dry cough, watery eyes. So we are chalking it off as allergies, but they really suck!! Ben has not slept this bad since he had an ear infection.

I am so sad because I can not even take him out in this nice weather to enjoy. If I do the poor guy starts oozing out of his eyes and nose. 

The doc said to give him ZYRTEC, but I don't see it working!! I am very tempted to give him BENADRYL before bed to knock him out!!! Poor kid needs some sleep! And so do I!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Girl, I feel your pain! And ZYRTEC did NOTHING for Crew when he was itching from his eczema! I would go with the benadryl if your not seeing any results with the zyrtec.

    Allergies totally suck! Im actually in the process of trying to find new homes for my dogs to eliminate pet dander from our house just in case that causes Crews eczema flare ups.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is totally okay to go for the benadryl...just like 1/4 of a tsp or a lil less. My doc told me to give it to G when he was like 3 months old because the poor kid kept having allergy attacks and couldn't breathe with all those darn booiges in his nose. Good luck and I hope it goes away soon.


    P.S. Zyrtec doesn't work on me or either of my kids...I kinda think it is just nasty flavored syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. give the allergy meds a few days. i started tuesday on claritin and couldn't tell a difference until day 3. and now i just give her a dose every morning and she is doing great ;). call me. love you. sorry, it sucks.

    ReplyDelete