Friday, May 8, 2009

TAKE 4

So...Benadryl does nothing for my son!!! I finally got the guts to give him Benadryl and it did nothing!!! For the last month I have been trying to make my son a better sleeper and that all went up in smoke and I am very pissed about it!!! I made the mistake of falling asleep with Ben while he was nursing (because I am so exhausted) and now he won't go to sleep without nursing again. I feel horrible because he is not feeling well, he woke this morning with his eye madded shut. Now I can't tell if he has pink eye or if his allergies are making his eyes that way!!!

Last night he woke 5 times and wouldn't sleep unless I nursed him, so I did, because I am desperate and he is not feeling good, so I feel bad!!! Ryus is gone for 2 weeks and I feel very alone and I hate every minute of this!!! How do people have more than one child? Oh yeah...they probably were told early on NOT TO NURSE YOUR CHILD TO SLEEP!

2 comments:

  1. I know they say don't nurse them to sleep and don't give them bottles to put them to sleep...but that's the only friggin' way I ever got any sleep. Sometimes you just gotta do what works and worry about the consequences later. How much Benadryl did you give him? I forgot to tell you that the first two times I gave it to Garrett I gave him about 1/2 tsp. and he was REALLY pissy and stayed awake forever. If you give them too much they get jittery. Anyway I'm sorry you are feeling alone. That totally stinks. We are having a BBQ at our house tonight. It will be Tarren, me, my mom, 2 of our neighbors, and Stacy Davis (Webber) and her hubby. If you want to come out you are so more than welcome. Garrett's going camping with his grandpa, but Savannah will be there. You can come and relax and let us all take turns holding Baby Ben :) It will start about 7:00. Very relaxing so it is okay if you are tired....and if you fall asleep here that's ok! Call me or Tarren if you wanna come and need directions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benadryl is a great drug, but you have to be cautious. Many, many children are allergic to benadryl, the allergy usually makes the children hyper-active and irritable. I really hope he doesn't have this reaction (it usually doesn't happen on the first dose). I feel your pain, it is hard having a new baby, being married, yet placed in the single mom role. I don't think there is anything wrong with nursing to sleep or giving a bottle t get them to sleep, especially when they are not feeling well. Just hang in there, you are not alone, and don't be afraid to ask for help. We will have baby Ben (and you) in our prayers, I hope you are all feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete