Saturday, May 2, 2009

Such a loser




So I feel that my entire blog is about my son, and it actually is! I am such a loser, my life revolves around him of course and these days I am stressed about baby food, poop and sleep! Where do i begin?  ADVICE WELCOMED!!!

Sleep...I get none since daylight savings time! Ben has been horrible, he was sleeping 7 hours straight and then went to waking up at 11:30 and 2:30 and it is killing me!!! So...I quit breastfeeding him to sleep at nap time and put him on a schedule, but it did not help his night time sleep problem. I did baby wise and baby whisperer, hasn't helped, not that I have been perfect at it but I can say my son does sleep in his crib during the day and he does not need my boob to go to sleep. But I have not wanted to put him in his crib at night yet, but he has slept in his bassinet since 6 weeks old, he does not sleep with us, thank goodness.

I actually put him in his crib last night for the first time at night and I hated it, he still woke at the same times and it drove me nuts that he was not an arm length away, so to heck with that for now until I feel better about it! Plus Ryus is out of town for 2 weeks and I get lonely sleeping by myself. I am up for advice! I am actually starting the wake to sleep..which is I wake and feed him 1 hour before he normally wakes so like 10:30 to try and throw off his normal 11:30 waking, we will see how that works! I am leaving the cry it out method for last!!

FOOD!

He is 6 months old now and he loves cereal and oatmeal, but hates green beans and carrots. We are working on carrots and it seems to get better and better everyday! keep your fingers crossed! My crazy mom (child nutritionist) said not to give him the sweet stuff first, and its not working, but for her sake I will plug away at the carrots and green beans!! Don't tell her but I gave him bananas in his cereal today!!!

PooP

all i can say is that it is just wrong!!! Ever since solids, it just is bad news! Can I breastfeed forever? I actually feel bad because he struggles to go now, and I refuse to give him juice. I do give him water tho!!

5 comments:

  1. Gosh....babies are hard work huh. I have no advice on sleep because both my kids were horrible and I never figured out the secret. I do really urge you to put him in his crib even though it is hard to do. My aunt didn't ever do this and now her 7 year old begs to sleep in their room and the only reason they don't let her is because they have a 2 year old too...that does sleep in a toddler bed in their room. The 7 year old has emotional problems and I think it is linked to this somehow.

    Food: Your mom is right according to some doctors. They say if you give them fruit they will love the sweets and not want to try the other tastes...makes sense to me because I love sweets. Just keep trying, but know that there are certain veggies you don't like and he will have some that he doesn't like too.

    Poop: Yuck. I hate poop. Maybe try giving him a tiny drop of tiny tummies laxative drops when he really struggles...but be prepared. I gave Garrett a whole dose once and got exploded on in a TGIFridays in Phoenix...that was fun.


    I'm no expert so I hope I don't confuse you and make everything worse...just know that no matter how bad the sleep thing gets, it could always be worse. Savannah was colicky so from the time she was 3 weeks until she was 4 months I would sleep from 7am until 10am and that was it. Her belly hurt from 8pm to 7am....and then when she would take naps in the day Garrett wouldn't so I couldn't either...argh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you. now, get your skinny little butt over here THIS WEEK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had one good sleeper and one not so good. Payton still has trouble staying asleep all night. When she was a baby her doctor told us to keep her on a regular schedule and add one last small feeding before bed. A few bites of cereal then a bottle (or the boob), this worked for us. She slept longer and woke up less and I was able to get some more sleep. As for the poop, it will be like that (maybe even worse) until toilet training! Sorry there is no help there. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What the heck becca...share your secrets!

    Oh Jess, I love you so much! I don't know how we do it?! Livi was a good sleeper till she started teething and then it was down hill. Once she stopped nursing at night, I just had to let her cry it out. It was rough, but after about a week it got better. They have to learn to put themselves back to sleep, and its hard. I know what worked for me was making sure that I didn't nurse her to sleep or put her to bed when she was already sleeping. She is getting better at sleeping at night. She has her dad wrapped around her finger and knows that he will save her! Ha ha

    As for feeding...I started off with everything green 1st then went to orange then to the sweet stuff. Olivia LOVED sweet potatoes & peas. She love rice cereal with banana's too!

    POOP! It sucks and doesn't get better. Just wait till they eat grapes... it only gets nastier and stinker!!

    You are a great mom! And Ben is a heartbreaker!

    ReplyDelete