Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Too Teeth or not to Teeth

So...if anyone could tell me what is wrong with my son..I would love you!! I can't decide if he is teething or if he has a little bug. Here's the details...

2 days ago he had a low fever about 99.2 when he woke up...he was great all day long then he woke from his 4:00 nap and was not a happy camper, he cryed for a very long time (this is not like ben at all). Later that night I got him to bed with no crying and he woke up every 2 hours not upset but just like he couldn't sleep, again a little fever. He woke the following morning and he was the happiest boy, like usual. Then he woke up from his 4:00 nap and he was a mess, crying and arching his back it was very sad for me. I gave him Tylenol before his nap thinking it would kick in while he slept, but no help. I finally got him to sleep about 7:30 after a rough evening and he woke about 9:30, not upset, just awake, may I add he has not ate since 4:00pm. He was not hungry either. I got him back to sleep to have him wake a 11:00, he was a hungry boy and pigged out, i checked his temp and it was 100.2, so I gave him Tylenol and put him back to sleep. 3:30 rolls around and he is up again, i check his temp it is still in the 100's, so I attempt the Tylenol again and he throws up all over the both of us and my just changed sheets. Shoot... so I wait for an hour and give him more Tylenol, but he doesn't want to eat. So I stay up with him until 5 and then he eats. We wake up this morning and he has a temp of 99.4 but no more throw up and no more crying!!! Is it teething or a bug? 

So here is the symptoms in a nut shell...low fever, no excess drooling,crying fits late afternoon, but not at nighttime, threw up once, some coughing, waking up every hour in an half. See why I am confused, if he was sick wouldn't he have a higher fever, if he was teething wouldn't he be drooling and wanting to chew on things!!!

Sorry for the long story but I am really frustrated, is this kid teething, but he is not drooling a lot!!! HELP!

5 comments:

  1. I am NO expert by any means, but it sounds to me like Ben was just having one of "those days"

    Where nothing in particular is wrong, but they are just acting funny. Maybe he had a headache? I swear, if adults get headaches, babies have to also.

    Crew hasn't had one of "these days" in a while where I cant pinpoint what is wrong, but BELIEVE ME, he has had them.

    I hope he starts feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jessie for the thought!!! I think you might be right, we will see when the witching hour of 4:00

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know, come to think of it....Grant just reminded me of Crews witching hour. Except it was 8, and it went on EVERY night for what felt like a month. I kid you not, it was his grumpy hour. Some babies, like Crew, are clockwork. They get fussy at the same time, without fail, for days and days at a time.

    Then all of a sudden...one day, out of the blue....they are fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jess! Some docs say that fever, runny nose and vomiting are signs of teething, but it has been my experience that vomiting isn't common in a teething baby. I think maybe he just had a little touch of a bug or something. You know how sometimes you eat something that just doesn't really agree with your belly even though you eat it really often? Maybe he had a bottle that didn't quite sit with him...or maybe he just felt like bein a stinker ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Brandi, thanks for the comment,I am not to sure but I can not see your blog, I am new to this but last time someone had to send me an e-mail to see it, I would love to check out your family!

    ReplyDelete