Saturday, March 28, 2009

SO...I was in left field

So...Yesterday Ben took a turn for the worse and had every imaginable symptom a child could have...fever, running nose, cough, diarrhea, watery eyes, would not eat and was very unhappy.

I took him to the Dr....Finally! I was trying not to be obsessive first time mom. But poor guy had been miserable for 5 days and I was thinking teeth or a cold, and the Dr. would give me nothing and I would waste money because they would not be able to do anything.

So low and behold Ben has a horrible ear infection in his right ear and the start of one in his left ear. Poor guy, I felt horrible thinking it was his stupid teeth. The doc gave him antibiotic's and he is doing much better, I was not happy with having to give antibiotics but the doc said that he really needed them. And they are truly a blessing at this time, because I am starting to get my sweet boy back!!

SO when in doubt...don't think teeth....think ear!!

Thank you to the moms that wrote in!!!

4 comments:

  1. You know what? I was so going to tell you that when Garrett was a baby he would get ear infections and his belly would hurt and the doc said it was because the fluid drains from their ears down their throats (causing runny noses and sore throats) and into their tummies (thus the puking and upset bellies) Crazy huh! Poor lil babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you poor thing! I swear, stuff like this is almost ALWAYS harder on the parents then it is on the baby. Or maybe that is just my way of feeling sorry for myself when something goes wrong with Crew. HA!

    Grant had SOOOOO many ear infections as a baby so we are just waiting for the day that we have to deal with this with Crew. Hopefully that day never comes, but we'll see.

    I am so glad that Ben is starting to feel better! Before you know it he will back to himself in no time! And like you, i am a little weird about the whole antibiotics thing, but sometimes you have gotta do what you gotta do. And believe me, with Crews skin, we have had to do some crazy shiz!!

    Update us on how he is doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Baby! I always think "oh if it doesn't get better by tomorrow I will go in!" I don't want to be the paranoid mom either! Glad that he is doing better! I hate having a sick baby...there is nothing worse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUCK! I hate that! I haven't checked in on you for awhile, I hope things start looking up! He is so cute! Love the pictures below

    ReplyDelete