Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ben's Big boy bed

So Tuesday night we moved Ben into his NEW room with his new bed! I felt really good about doing it, but Ryus was a little nervous!!! I layed him down and he got up twice before he finally fell a sleep! He slept all night! He still is all over the place and ends up at the end of the bed!!!


The only expense we really had for the room was the bed,the comforter ($25 TARGET), some fabric to make the pillows and some paint! Other then that we used an old dresser and painted it, I used the old canvas art work I had in his old room, painted it used some sheet metal Amber had and she VINILIZED the letters for me. It ended up being a pretty cheap project!! Now its off to start the babies room!! I have all the furniture just need to girlify it!!!




Other milestones that I have failed to blog about is POTTY TRAINING!!! I can't say that he is potty trained yet but we are very close! If I could just get him to stop peeing in the shower...I don't mean its time to wash your hair shower I mean...no water running and he gets in with all his clothes off pees in the drain and then gets out. I sometimes really want to get mad at him but I just keep thinking that is better then in his pants or on the floor!!! The #2 we really have to work on but for the most part he likes the no diaper thing. There is no turning back either cause he will just take off his diaper and try to use the toilet or shower! I am using the no yell or punish approach because I have no energy to get mad right now!!!

4 comments:

  1. The room is DARLING!!

    I love it! You rock Jess!

    Also, Crew has become interested in the potty, and has probably pooped in the toilet more then he has peed. Weird huh? One big problem, Crew doesn't like big boy undies! What should I do?? Did you read a potty training book! HELP ME!

    Love that Ben pees in the shower! SO FUNNY! And yes, you're right, it's better then on the floor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new room... you're such a cool mom! For me Jaden was a little harder than the girls to potty train, but I was the same way, just tried to be really patient with him. Boys seem to have their own agenda for potty training... just go with it! Jaden peed outside, and on car tires way more than he peed in the in the toilet, but eventually we got it! LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did he even get the idea to pee in the shower? Weird.... but I am with you that it is better than on the floor or in his pants! Being patient is the best for potty training!

    The room looks amazing, good job!

    And to your friend Jessie, have you tried all different kinds of underwear? My son hated the standard "tighty whities" We went through several fits until he decided boxer briefs were what he liked. He never did want characters on his underwear either. Try taking him to the store and letting him pick his own, some kids really like that it gives them some control over the changes that are happening.

    ReplyDelete